Lowe 1448 did i pay too much?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stick steers are nice drive from front were u fish. imo 48in boats are not stable enough for older or heavy people. i had 1,now i have a 14-60 lot of difference.good luck

stick steers are nice drive from front were u fish. imo 48in boats are not stable enough for older or heavy people. i had 1,now i have a 14-60 lot

stick steers are nice drive from front were u fish. imo 48in boats are not stable enough for older or heavy people. i had 1,now i have a 14-60 lot of difference.good luck
I'd agree with you if I was wanting to try to take this little boat into the same water as my big ocean boat. But I'm literally just using this boat in the shallow creeks in NC. There are spots guys have issues getting their bigger 18 and 20ft Jons into. Your 1460 must be really wide. Mine is 2 inches shy of six feet across the beam at its widest point.

I don’t know about all that, my tracker grizzly 1448 is plenty stable with the sc setup And gets on a plane just fine. Runs about 25 mph. Does have a little bit of porpoising it if not trimmed correctly.
I have the starting battery in the rear but the tracking battery further up near the casting deck. I’ve had a couple bass boats and honestly this boat is great I’m perfectly happy with it. Two people max of course, but it’s a great little boat and I’m not the youngest puppy in the world.
Of course, I wouldn’t take this on big big water it’s not meant for that

my 14-60 is 60 in at beam if your boat is 58 in then it would also be stable. i was talking about a 14-48 not being stable,which is a 2ft diff,but as long as we aer happy with what we have is all that matters.

my 14-60 is 60 in at beam if your boat is 58 in then it would also be stable. i was talking about a 14-48 not being stable,which is a 2ft diff,but as long as we aer happy with what we have is all that matters.
The 48 in 1448 stand for the bottom width. Typically thats how the numbers correlate to the hull specs when talking tin boats. Your 1460 is really most likely a 1448.

No worries its a common mix up around here and everywhere else . Ive often wondered if it was the manufacturers sometimes designating boats differently that causes the mix up or simply folks geographic regions like how East of the Mississipi a 6 point buck has 3 points on each side yet West of the river a 6 point buck has 6 points on each side.

I don’t know about all that, my tracker grizzly 1448 is plenty stable with the sc setup And gets on a plane just fine. Runs about 25 mph. Does have a little bit of porpoising it if not trimmed correctly.
I have the starting battery in the rear but the tracking battery further up near the casting deck. I’ve had a couple bass boats and honestly this boat is great I’m perfectly happy with it. Two people max of course, but it’s a great little boat and I’m not the youngest puppy in the world.
Of course, I wouldn’t take this on big big water it’s not meant for that
I agree. I think this hull is a great size and works well as long as you keep in perspective what it's designed for.

thanks for the info flatheadsteve .
Regardless, I don't think I'd be able to do a boat that is less than 48" bottom. I see people with 30" and 36" thinking it's just a glorified kayak.