Lowe Line 1542 buildup

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Lariscy

Reaction score
Starting to plan out my build now but it will be a while before I start modifying it much. My plans for this rig is to set it up for catfish and stripers in the river. This means I fish out of the back of the boat 90% of the time I also use live bait so a good baitwell is the most important part of the build.

So ar I have taken it to work and replaced the transom with 1/4" plate and patched a few holes in the bottom of the boat. This is a very well built boat of a good heavy guage metal of the many aluminum boats I have attempted to weld this one was by far the easiest boat to repair.

Couple pictures of my new transom
IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0173.jpg

This is how I intend to setup the boat, the rear seat will become a livewell using the tank you see in the pictures. Its holds about 14 gallons slam full to the top so figure about 10 gallons of useful capacity. The middle bench is still up in the air I may turn it into dry storage or may remove it entirely. Either way 2 seats will be placed in this general location for two passangers to sit and watch the poles. The front will house the fuel tank and battery roughly in the locations you see with some sort of storage as well. A small front deck will extend back just past the fuel tank.

IMAG0169.jpg

IMAG0174.jpg

I intend to fish out of it for atleast a few months and get a feel for it and make sure is stable enough for me before I start doing anything serious. I am alittle worried about it not being wide enough but it has taken me 2 years to find one this wide. Right now I am looking for ideas and thought on my plans, drill me a and poke holes to jog my creativity. I am a fabricator by trade and am pretty good with welding aluminum and have access to all forms of metal forming equipment at work so all of this will be aluminum construction which is another reason it will be slow. I have to purchase one piece of material at a time with it being 178$ a sheet. #-o

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
Look forward to watching this one. Check out my build....we have similar setups.

I have been watching your build and taking some of your ideas, I like your rod holders but I don't think I could manage that many rods at once. :p

Got the 25hp rude straightened out this afternoon, she ran like a top but was overheating bad. After replacing the water pump and getting no change my next turn was the grommet at the top of the powerhead, sure enough it was in horrible shape so I replaced it, still no dice. So I turned my attention to the water pump thinking maybe it was stuck closed. Pulled the cover and there was no thermostat at all but there was a blockage in the passageway. I couldn't use my brand new water pump on account of somewone discarded all the rest of the parts needed. Anway shes cooling great now maybe alittle too well idleing her in a bucket in the yard I couldn't get over about 80* next week ill look into getting the rest of the parts to get the thermostat back in.

Made alittle progress got the baitwell made and some rod holders. The aluminum for the floor arrived today so hopefully I can get it in tomorrow. Either way I will be in the river this weekend weather willing!

IMAG0179.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0184.jpg

Lots of progress tonight got the floor in and pods and the mount for the rod holders, going to bed now because I am tired and still have to make 8 tomorrow as well. :cry: Will post pictures tomorrow of the rod holders mounted possibly from the river if all works out well. :mrgreen:

IMAG0186.jpg

IMAG0188.jpg

Aaron Lariscy said:
Mounting the rod holders on it, knew I was gonna catch crap for it but function over form...

LOL I had to man I have at '65 GTO so it reminded me of the Super Bee..I'm just playing though. I am amazed by everyones creativity here.

Just seems high for rod holders. Can't wait to see the finished pics...

Wanted to be sure I cleared the motor well enought that the cowl could be easily removed, will be fabbing up a jack plate later so it'll be even higher.

looks awesome like the live well simple and cheap i kinda like the "wing" its and eye catcher and painting it like a super bee would make a pretty sweet custom paint job if your in to muscle cars

Well the wing is gone in got in the way tonight and I ripped it off, ill have to come up with another idea for a rod holder. I also found a hole in one of my pods and another hole in my boat I feel that this salt infested boat in going to be one prepetual leak. :| Oh well I am going striper fishing in the morning with my buddy in his G3 bass boat afterwords I may pull mine up to work and fix the two leaks neither is big enough to keep me out of the water if not.

On a happier note I am extremely pleased with the boat, I had a three gallon tank a six gallon tank me my wife and our boykin standing in the back of the boat and the pods were just barely under the water. No problems walking around to access bait or sit down on the middle bench to retie hooks. I am really looking foward to this fishing season in this boat it beats the crap outta our 1232 we fished out of last year.

Hit the river sat morning in search of some stripers but it was a complete bust it snapped off too cold outta the blue so I got some more done on the boat. Fabbed up alittle tray to mount the FF to and also to hold my pliers because I am tired of always looking for them. Got the ff and tranducer mounted along with a cleat to tie the anchor line to also got my nav and anchor lights mounted but no wiring I am still trying to decide how I am going to do the switches. Anyhow here are a few pictures from this afternoons outing.

IMG_20120219_162747.jpg

IMG_20120219_162815.jpg

IMG_20120219_162803.jpg

IMG_20120219_163030.jpg