Making some extra cash?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bubba, you mentioned washing car's. How about trying "Detailing" car's. Had a friend in a simular situation about 2 year's ago. Sent out flyer's to detail car for $75. By appointment only. Usually takes most the day to detail one. Engine, engine compartment, wheel wells, interior, wash and hand wax, underbody, around inside door's ect...

He now leases a garage and hired 2 people and does it full time!

GrumMan said:
Hey Bubba, you mentioned washing car's. How about trying "Detailing" car's. Had a friend in a simular situation about 2 year's ago. Sent out flyer's to detail car for $75. By appointment only. Usually takes most the day to detail one. Engine, engine compartment, wheel wells, interior, wash and hand wax, underbody, around inside door's ect...

He now leases a garage and hired 2 people and does it full time!

Only thing I think about washing cars, is that I don't really have a good place to wash one. I don't have any sort of cover, or garage to wash one in. And I can't wash one "good" outside because by the time i'm ready to dry it, the sun causes water spots have already started to settle on it. :x

just take it to a car wash and wash it...

That's what I used to do with mine. I would take a bucket, fill it up with my soap and after I rinse the car off, I would use some of the water to fill up my bucket, was it by hand, then rinse it off again with the pressure washer.

I don't like using the brush because I've scratched cars before using it, and the high pressure soap just doesn't get everything off...

Then if it's not busy, I'll use my "absorber" chamois to dry it off.

I been laid off since June 04.I was doing the mowing thing,selling on Ebay,and Craig's list.Then Ebay and paypal upped their fees and killed that real quick.Still do the Craig's list deal,but I have went to buying from news paper ads,garage sales,and yard sales.I don't list anything on ebay unless I'm sure I can make $50+ off of it.I've been surprised at some of the deals I been able to get at yard/garage sales.Thrift stores are another good place to find a diamond in the rough.

for as slow as the building industry is, it is still possible to find some work in it even though not full time work. Contractors here are more likley to bring someone on for a few hours a week just do general work. I do the same thing because there not much work. I was laid off last dec from the idaho fish and game and 2 weeks ago I found some work framing houses (I used to be a framing contractor before starting school) and I only bring a guy on for maybe 5 hours a week to help tip walls and hand me sheets when I sheet the roof. Something like that may be an option, plus its a good trade to learn for later on in life when you own a home. Its saves alot of money in home maintanence.

Jeesh..

I just got out of my annual review (even though they froze all raises for the year) and walked smack into the middle of another mass layoff. They cut another thirty something percent of my department. We are down to so few people now that we could all work in the bathroom. We had two full office buildings a year and a half ago.

Why not start a boat mod business this site has a ton of ideas and the how to info you need to do it.
you work in cad so can you do layouts on the computer for other guys
maybe some janitorial work on the side?

Wayne

Speaking of janitorial work.I did this for a company for 5 years.The company started by one man talking to an office manager.They agreed to a set price,days,times for work to be done,and I contract signed.Three nights a week,from close 5pm until 9pm,mon,wens,fri.Left time through the day to start a on site,full time,through the day service, and hire a few employees.The business is now a multi million dollar company without any lay offs.Now that doesn't mean people's hours don't get cut.The company is called Industrial House Keeping.

Latest posts