MonArk Bow damage from trailer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeM

Reaction score
Just bought this boat. Discount due to damage from the trailer. Don't let it happen to you.

Attachments

• 20240405_040650.jpg
    20240405_040650.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 4
Just bought this boat. Discount due to damage from the trailer. Don't let it happen to you.
That'll leave a scar.
How or why did that happen? Was it the wrong rubber stop on the winch arm? Should it have been a "V" shaped stop instead of the spool shaped stop? Did the boat slam into it or did it happen from vibration while transporting? More details will help prevent repeat performances by the rest of us.

That'll leave a scar.
How or why did that happen? Was it the wrong rubber stop on the winch arm? Should it have been a "V" shaped stop instead of the spool shaped stop? Did the boat slam into it or did it happen from vibration while transporting? More details will help prevent repeat performances by the rest of us.
I can't say exactly how it happened because I bought it that way. But I have ordered a new flat front boat stop and won't be pulling it real tight (bumpy roads around here). Also, I think it's worth noting that the stop on there was so old that it had hardened hard as a rock. Maybe that's worth considering for the oldies like mine (1978).

That is why so many folks are switching to the yellow poly rollers, they don't get rock hard and crack like the black rubber rollers do. Replaced an old rubber roller on my trailer last spring with another rubber roller ( yea it was cheap) big mistake, already hard and cracked !!

Pulled off the Johnson55, fixed the bow, rewired the bilge pump, new Millennium seats, a few other things, and have had a couple of weeks on my 10ac pond with friends. It's great. Love how it's stable at the landing vs a V or tri-hull.

Attachments

• 37921.jpeg
    37921.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 37915 (1).jpeg
    37915 (1).jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts