My Belize school project - UPDATE AND THANKS

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TexasLoneStar56 said:
bobberboy said:
You people are awesome. Thanks so much!

So give us an update on the goal, please.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/school-supplies-for-maya-centre-village#/story

4 days left, and a total of $915 so far. Great job bobberboy! Even though you have not reached your goal of $1500, this is a huge success as I see it.

Got a single donation today of $600! That put us over the top with about 48 hours to go. When it's all totaled up with the money raised and the materials I've already got we'll be sending about $2100 worth of supplies to the kids in Belize. That's a mean mess of pencils. Thanks very much to those of you who contributed or passed the word. I am very gratified by the support from everyone. Thanks tinboaters!

With your help we were able to buy a lot of supplies for the kids in Maya Center. All the materials have been received and are ready to go to Texas for shipping to Belize. After the Indegogo fees were subtracted we still were able to spend $1,926.76 on school supplies plus a box of books on Maya culture and history I collected for the school library. The list of supplies is:
192 pink erasers
720 pencil top erasers
240 tubes Elmer's school glue
240 nylon zippered pencil cases
48 15cm protractors
120 30cm plastic rulers
1386 Crayola colored pencils
1152 #2 wood pencils
168 pencil sharpeners
420 Bic Pens
132 boxes Crayola crayons
144 Crest children's toothbrushes
144 Reach adult toothbrushes
2000 3/4" band-aids
2000 1" band-aids
90 3oz tubes antibiotic ointment
720 packets antibiotic ointment

I will be driving the supplies to Texas in August. Once there they will wait until the shipping container if filled and then off to Belize. There is no specific ship date but I hope the supplies will arrive in the late fall. I will post one last update once the supplies have been distributed to the kids.

Again, thanks so much for your generous contributions. I am deeply grateful to all of you.