My first catch of 2013

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one100grand

Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to get out fishing other than the ill-fated sailfish trip that involved my wife getting sick for hours.

I went out recently with a pal of mine at a private pond that was supposed to be holding good sized fish (it was all a lie, we beat the water for 7 hours with no bites). Then went on to another undisclosed location and tried to catch a few to end the day right. In a period of about 30 minutes, we caught 5 fish for about 18 pounds - his best topped at 4 lbs 11 oz, mine was this beauty at 5 lbs 13 oz. I managed to catch this on a black and red jig - which fits 2 categories I have rare success with - jigs and black lures.

Attachments

• photo (14).JPG
    photo (14).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 266
Driftingrz said:
Awesome fish man, hope my first of '13 looks something like that. A PB would be a fun start to the season :)

For clarification, those weren't PB's, just best on the day. I too think it would be awesome to open a season on a new PB!

yea i figured it wasnt your PB. just sayin if i caught a fish like that it would be my new PB :D. i gotta find me some ponds

Latest posts