my first mod should be?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barhpr

Reaction score
Hey all! Newest member! 40 from Iowa. Picking up a 84 bass tracker iii tomorrow. 50 mariner....Finally!
Been skimming the forums about issues before I pick it up. Already plan on replacing the foam.
My question is this. Whats your favorite mod youve added to your boat?

Welcome! I doubt everyone is like me, but I like to get the bare minimum done at first. You know...fix leaks, structural issues, holes, transom, motor, or whatever else needs to be done to get it on the water safely. Then, I like to spend some time on the water in it and use it how I plan to use it in the future. This will let you know pretty quick what you want to do.

Yes, I have already went thru the wiring and added some new seats. Took it out today, may need to re prop it. Seems really sluggish comming out of the water, then very slowly gains speed. My first outboard so Im not sure what to expect from it. Looks like it has a 11 pitch 9 1\2" diameter if m measuring right. Biggest issue is everything heavy on the boat is on the right side. I want to try to move some of the weight over to the left side. Sits in 7" deep on the left and 10" on the right without me in it.

A 11 pitch on a 50hp,should be small enough to get a great hole shot.
I would think you would have closer to a 14 pitch,on that size boat/motor combination.
That foam you are talking of replacing,might be real heavy with water...

If it is really sluggish you might also want to check the compression on the engine.

sam

Latest posts