My G3 conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jr Branham

Reaction score
Hey Gang,
First post here. I really like this site, lotsa great ideas flowing. Here are a few pics of my conversion. It is a G3 1756 jon, welded. I plan to extend the front deck, close the open back near transom, and add a few other items. I'm also refurbishing a trailer to custom fit the boat. I've priced some angle aluminum and it sure is expensive, considering the amount I need. Looking forward to the project.
Jr. B

Attachments

• DSCN1298.JPG
    DSCN1298.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 3,263
  • DSCN1300.JPG
    DSCN1300.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 3,260
  • DSCN1302.JPG
    DSCN1302.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 3,451
That's a nice lookin' boat as is. Can't wait to see what you come up with on it. Good Luck! And keep us updated! :D

Battery boxes are in, I also mounted my trolling motor. For some of you old schoolers..it is an OMC (best trolling motor ever). The motor is secured, but, the pedal is still free as of now. I did a brief "mock-up" with some alum angle to see where I want things placed. I think this is where the front deck will extend to. Seat will be moved up slightly from the pics. I'm way behind on this project, been fishing out of my big boat.

Jr. B

Attachments

• DSCN1304.JPG
    DSCN1304.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 3,271
  • DSCN1347.JPG
    DSCN1347.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 3,276
  • DSCN1350.JPG
    DSCN1350.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 3,292
Jim said:
So far so good! :beer:

Get a close up of the trolling motor if you remember, I have never seen one before.
Remember firefighterfrees trolling motor? It got lots of comments on the bent shaft design. I have one in the closet. Very simple and reliable.

bassboy1 said:
Jim said:
So far so good! :beer:

Get a close up of the trolling motor if you remember, I have never seen one before.
Remember firefighterfrees trolling motor? It got lots of comments on the bent shaft design. I have one in the closet. Very simple and reliable.

I did not realize it was the same one....cool! :D

Awesome... would love to have a blank slate like that to start with...

if you guys haven't noticed... us Georgia boys are coming on strong =D>

Lizard Drager is on here somewhere - he just joined... he's a guy I met out fishing and we're starting up a bass club in North GA

Latest posts