Need a name!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hanr3 said:
Currently we have two Shih-tzus, wifes choice. I want an English Bulldog next.

When my son was a young kid, we had a Basset hound then a mix terrier/lab. Both were very smart family dogs. Now that my son has his own house, he wants an English bulldog. That breed reminds me of cartoons!

The negative reactions and comments of some is pretty common.
I have seen it on other sites, on Facebook, etc.
Had I never owned a pitbull for myself, I'd probably feel the same way.

ANY large and powerful dog can be dangerous.
It has alot to do with how they are raised.
We all know that pitbulls are the most common breed used for fighting, and many irresponsible owners either train them to be mean, or they abuse them and cause them to distrust humans and to be angry and territorial.

No amount of explanation is going to change anyone's mind on this subject, and that's okay.
All I can tell you is that I have always had dogs of one breed or another, never thinking I would own a pitbull.
Now that I have owned one for two years, I can tell you, that compared to the other breeds I have owned, the pitbull is overall my favorite. And that is not because he is tough or mean, but because he is bold, intelligent, inquisitive, comical to watch, athletic, GOOD natured, gets along with and plays with our two cats, and two other dogs.

Believe me, you're more likely to be bitten by my miniature Doxie...now THAT's a mean breed!!