Need battery reccomendati to power a few small accessories.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Basically I'm wondering what size/type of battery would fit me best.

My electrical requirements are different than most on this site as I do not have/need/want an electric trolling motor and my 25HP outboard is NOT electric start.

I just ordered the suzuki regulator/rectifier kit that will allow my engine to charge a battery. I want to use the battery to power accessories such as

0.5 amp - LED Nav Lights
3.0 amp - Bilge Pump
0.5 amp - LED Interior Lights
0.5 amp - Garmin Fish Finder/Sounder
5.0 amp - Stereo System.

I plan on ordering this Seasense Marine 5 Way Switch Panel
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003E24MKA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

My question again is what type of battery would be best for my goals....I feel like I could easily buy something much more powerful than what I need. And I'd rather not spend a ton of money. Thanks!

I bought a small battery at interstate for $30. I dont have a stereo, but they had sizes bigger than mine, but still not a car battery. maybe start there?

kustomguitarist said:
Basically I'm wondering what size/type of battery would fit me best.

My electrical requirements are different than most on this site as I do not have/need/want an electric trolling motor and my 25HP outboard is NOT electric start.

I just ordered the suzuki regulator/rectifier kit that will allow my engine to charge a battery. I want to use the battery to power accessories such as

0.5 amp - LED Nav Lights
3.0 amp - Bilge Pump
0.5 amp - LED Interior Lights
0.5 amp - Garmin Fish Finder/Sounder
5.0 amp - Stereo System.

I plan on ordering this Seasense Marine 5 Way Switch Panel
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003E24MKA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

My question again is what type of battery would be best for my goals....I feel like I could easily buy something much more powerful than what I need. And I'd rather not spend a ton of money. Thanks!

consider how often you will be out after dark and using your lights, do you use your bilge often? mine very rarely gets used. so if your not out at night a whole lot or out in the rain then really all you need is a battery fir your sonar and radio. i have a small 12 volt that goes in one of those toy cars that little kids ride in thats used for only my humminbird sonar and only have to charge it once a month if that(it gets used at least 15-20 outings for 6-8 hours on average). but either way even if your a night owl that loves the rain and some tunes you should be able to get a small lawnmower/riding lawnmower battery with a few hundred cranking amps that will last all day or night without going dead,especially with the rectifier charging it when your running. how many amps does the rectifier put out? even if its 5 amps you can get a 40 dollar battery and be just fine in my opinion.....

kustomguitarist, did you end up getting a battery worked out? Am about to do the very same rectifier upgrade and battery install for everything you've listed as well. I use a SUP paddle as a trolling motor, so I don't need too crazy a battery either! Thanks