need help on trolling motors changing mounts.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdaddymurph

Reaction score
i have a minn kota hand control 30# 30 in shaft with a transom mount on it, im needing to know how to take the head off to slide the transom mount off so i can put it on a bow mount.or the top of the trolling motor off the get the mount off.i need that mount to put on a 34# 30 in shaft motor guide because the motor guide dont have a mount on it, any help please, THANKS

All u have to do is unscrew the top off, unplug the wires, pull screw for the bottom, and yank everything off. If its a older tm, make sure u label where the wires go. The new ones should be labeled already. When putting back together, make sure the tiller and prop r on the same side for bow uses and tiller away for transom.

xiong-tech said:
All u have to do is unscrew the top off, unplug the wires, pull screw for the bottom, and yank everything off. If its a older tm, make sure u label where the wires go. The new ones should be labeled already. When putting back together, make sure the tiller and prop r on the same side for bow uses and tiller away for transom.

That will do it! Good luck.

Latest posts