TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane H

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I am a new member from victoria, Australia.
I have a 12ft Jon boat ( known as a duck punt here downunder )that I am restoring and found this forum invaluable in getting ideas from members. Keep up the good work.
I will post some pics of my boat soon.
Shane H.

Welcome, glad you found us! Show us some pics when you get a chance.

I was going to say show us a picture of your duck punt, but part of me felt it was very wrong....

Shane H said:
...I can imagine that the phrase duck Punt may be "misconstrude"...

The Navy has jon boats (usually 8' - 10' long) that are referred to as Punts, and are used when painting the sides along the waterline and other small tasks. Normally used inport where the water is a little calmer :)

My Jon boat is a 12ft Savage flat bottom with full decking with stroage areas up front and steering console at the rear and a 20Hp merc (blueband). (Will post pics soon)
mainly used for Trout fishing on rivers and lakes.
We have Small mouth bass here and another fish which is similar to your large Mouth bass but it is known as Murray cod and has a minimum legal length of 25 inches.

Shane H said:
My Jon boat is a 12ft Savage flat bottom with full decking with stroage areas up front and steering console at the rear and a 20Hp merc (blueband). (Will post pics soon)
mainly used for Trout fishing on rivers and lakes.
We have Small mouth bass here and another fish which is similar to your large Mouth bass but it is known as Murray cod and has a minimum legal length of 25 inches.

How big do your small mouth bass get?

Shane H said:
mainly used for Trout fishing on rivers and lakes...

Looking forward to the pics! 8) . It's apparent that the Navy definition of a punt and the Australian version fall into two different catagories. Your def sounds much nicer 8)