TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CO_4X4

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all fellow tin boat lovers! I just signed up because I'm a member of several organizations like ACBS and AOBCI but always feel like the red-headed stepchild with my old tinny compared to their beasts of Mahogany that I drool over!

In the process of restoring her to her former glory, going with the Airstream mirror finish, just finished giving her an acid bath, another of those to get 60 years of oxidation off and I can start hitting it with the wheel and getting that glossy shine.

The picture isn't my boat, I don't have one on me, but it's the same boat.

Attachments

• not-specified-600045.jpg
    not-specified-600045.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 0
I love that style of boat. It looks great with a shiny finish. And it looks like it will be a hoot on the water. Keep us posted. I love the rebuild threads on this site.
Oh it is a hoot on the water, with such a light boat the power to weigh ratio equates to this running like a bat out of hell on the water, almost to a scary degree if you cross a wake, especially with that Mercury 700 on the back (the boat pictured has a 25) :).