New Outboard Jet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GARoughneck

Reaction score
I started fishing rivers years ago with my canoe and then one day had a jet boat go flying up river near me as I was having to walk the canoe through skinny water, logically I had to have one! Well 6 years later and two production boats later I have learned a lot about the rivers and boats I have owned. I decided to finally get a custom boat built based on my style of fishing and rivers I travel. After much research I decided to go with RockProof Boats out of PA, Brent has been great to work with and I'm weeks away from picking up my 1860 outboard 150/110 jet.

Here are some pics of the build.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 2,700
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 2,700
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 2,700
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 2,700
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 2,700
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 2,700
Nice!!!
thumbup.gif

Thanks Larry :)

I had a 2011 1760CJ Lowe as my last boat and loved it! I based much of the layout of this new boat on it. I will post the final pics when I take deliver of it in a couple of weeks.

Steve

Thanks all for the comments! This new build was largely based on me finding a great deal on a new leftover 2011 Mercury Optimax 150/110 from Bass Pro Shops. I like the performance of the inboard jets but for the rivers I fish and the extra deck space I personally prefer the outboard configuration.

Steve

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 2,604
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 2,604
Here are the most recent pics, getting close and can't wait :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 2,327
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 2,327
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 2,327
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 2,327
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 2,327
That's a sweet setup! I keep thinking I want something a little wider than my 1652 and found a 1660 I like, now it's a matter of talking myself into justifying it. :LOL2:

I like that center console you have because it saves a lot of room. I was looking a console like that too but I'm not sure where to start searching for something similar. Also, who did you have put on your UHMW plastic? Could you give me the information to your source so I can call for a quote? thanks.

Scootzu,

To answer your question the entire boat has been built by Brent Kauffman of RockProof Boats in Marysville, PA. Trust me I had two production boats before this and the biggest challenge was figuring out how to get UHMW on a .100 gauge hull with pressed ribs on the bottom. I loved my Lowe 1760CJ but it just was not designed to stand the abuse of river we fish in GA. You can call Brent at RP and see if he could add UHMW to your boat, hope this helps!

SC

My father-in-law and I made the 1500 mile round trip to pick up the new boat this weekend and it's everything I expected and more. Brent Kauffman is a stand up guy and did a great job building this boat, including extras I didn't expect. Here are some new final pics :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,349
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,349
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,349
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,349
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,349
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,349
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,349
man, you are so lucky bro! That's a nice setup. What's holding your bait tank down?

Scootzu,

I glued some neoprene type material on the bottom of tank then add 30 gallons of water (240lb) against the texture LineX floor and it won't budge unless you roll the boat over :mrgreen: