New to site - Need Carpet Help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reply codeman. I'm guessing that's normal to screw in over the carpet. Makes my job a lot easier. Like I said, this is my first build, so I know not everything is going to be perfect, but I'm trying darn hard to make it look decent. If I can get mine to half of what yours is I would be pleased.

Hooky1420 said:
If I can get mine to half of what yours is I would be pleased.

Aw shucks thanks for the compliment but it's far from perfect and I'm still not done. I got it to where its comfortable to fish out of and now I can't get motivated to get back to the things that need to be finished. Best thing I can tell you is take your time and plan it out. If you read through my thread you may have seen that I got in a rush on my front deck trying to get it done before the 4th of July weekend last year, well I wound up wasting some not so cheap plywood because I rushed. Don't do that. :lol:

Here's a few photos when attaching my wood framing to the boat. With the help of Jim, finally got the photos working! More to come in the next couple of days. I have to resize all of my photos first. Once completed I will do a thread in the modifications section of a step by step with photos. I'm currently ready to cut the plywood and start attaching the carpet. Thanks again for all of the carpet help guys!100_0404.JPG100_0402.JPG100_0401.JPG100_0400.JPG

Looking good. I plan to use the same brackets for my front decking too.

I drilled right through my carpet to mount the decking. You can't really see the screw heads until you look close.