New Trolling Motor = Awsome Wife

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Specknreds

Reaction score
When my wife got home from work, she asked me to unload the trunk of her car. I wish that ya'll could have seen my face. There was a bow mounted Minn Kota Edge. I guess that I'll need to part with my (no telling how old) Motor Guide Bill Dance series trolling motor. It took a half roll of electric tape to hold it together.

HHHmmmm!!!! I wonder what I did to deserve this ( or what I'm going to need to do)

more like what YOU'RE going to have to do :---)

awesome on the trolling motor - you must be doing something right

Congrats on the new TM !
thumbsup_smilie.gif

Whats bad is my boat is in the shop and I have a trip planned for Friday. If they get it fixed tomorrow, I guess I'll be up late installing it. I'll post some pics as soon as I can (hopefully with some fish).

Most of the time you are right, she has the upper hand. But, she lets me fish just about anytime I want too.

i hear that they aint nothing wrong with that i have been married 18 years and i dont have to ask to go.sounds like you got a good wife hang on to her

Congrats! Hope you get it on in time to use it

.....and does your wife have a single sister :mrgreen:

ST

sounds like you got a house to clean and some dish's to wash... :mrgreen: haha joking, wish my girlfriend would bring me some good stuff home. ive just about got her talked into buying me a boat trailer though, just gotta keep braking her down, but i got a good excuse ( hunni its a real good deal but i spent all my money on that **** ring i baught you last week)

Almost every post has some truth to it. We have been married for 10 years. I'm keeping her for a while longer. I believe that everyone needs an " escape or get away" from everything. My escape is fishing/boating. There is just something about being 10-25 miles from civilization, Just you and a good friend and Gods creation.

Back to the important parts!! I picked up my boat this afternoon from the shop and just installed the TM. It should be a good test trial tomorrow. Winds 5-15 knots protected waters light to moderate chop.

Specknreds said:
Almost every post has some truth to it. We have been married for 10 years. I'm keeping her for a while longer. I believe that everyone needs an " escape or get away" from everything. My escape is fishing/boating. There is just something about being 10-25 miles from civilization, Just you and a good friend and Gods creation.

Back to the important parts!! I picked up my boat this afternoon from the shop and just installed the TM. It should be a good test trial tomorrow. Winds 5-15 knots protected waters light to moderate chop.

Yep, definitely have to have that getaway time! Be sure and let us know how the test trial goes! 8)

The sea trial: It turned out to be one of the most beatiful days that we have had in a while (overcast and COOL). It's still running in the mid to high 80's . The wind was calm until lunch. After lunch, it picked up to 15 - 20 knots. Needless to say, the new trolling motor received a serious workout. We were on the water for 8 1/2 hours and I used it the whole time. My old TM and battery would have never lasted that many hours.

I hope this will help someone in making their decision on TM's. I really wanted a tm around 54lbs of thrust. The one I received as a gift from my wife is a 40 lbs. It realy shocked me how well it pushed my boat. My boat is 14' and weighted to the max with 120 quart ice chest (40lbs of ice + fish), batteries, flooring, compartments, seats, 170 + lbs 4-stroke, fishing gear, 2 - 200lbs + guys, etc. I'm sort of happy that she didn't spend the extra $150 on a bigger one, but on the other hand as Tim Allen would say MORE POWER uurr!!! uurr!!

Oh yea! We caught fish the entire 8 1/2 hours. That's on a different post.

Attachments

• tm2.jpg
    tm2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 336
  • tm.jpg
    tm.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 338

Latest posts