New Trolling motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cashew

Reaction score
So while snow blows across the lawn, making plans for a new trolling motor. I'm thinking for my 10 foot rowboat, max 2 passengers going with a Minn Kota Enduramax 55 36" shaft, transom mounted trolling motor.

Trying to gauge sales and rebates, and get while the getting is good. :p

Manufacturer has $25 American Express card till 7/1/2015. Just about everybody has the Tm for $279-289, Cabela's is offering a $20 gift card in addition).

Wondering if anyone has a guess when they really go on sale, I'm thinking I will not be in the water till April with upcoming schedule and weather. Santa left some money and the Birthday fairies did as well. =D>

Cashew

Last TM I bought was off Amazon. Keep your eyes open for deals as they may be there one day and gone the next.

Keep an eye on the bargain cave at Cabelas.com, I've gotten some good deals there but you usually have to act when you see it as they don't last long. I got a 55# Terrova for $550 with free shipping a couple yrs ago there.

I see Cabela's latest offer adds a smart charger with the Minn Kota Enduramax 55 36" shaft, transom mounted trolling motor.
Still has the Manufacturer $25 American Express card till 7/1/2015.

So instead of the $20 store card, $50+ charger instead. $289.99, $5 shipping. Getting tough to not pull the trigger. I did order 2 new reels to take the edge off. :LOL2:
Cashew

Having ran both a 55 and smaller. On tin boats. I'd go with smaller. I just mounted a 30 lb thrust to my 12 ft V. And it will move on high even with two people. Your battery will last longer and the shorter the shaft length the better when it's laid over in the boat. I actually ground off a little of my prop. Because it pulls the boat to fast in 1. A problem that was even worse with the 55 lb thrust.

Insanity what was the smaller motor that you had on? I have an older 18lb as well. Was wanting some speed,but mostly power to get me around.

20 or 25 I forget. I couldn't find a used one so I bought the 30 lb. ( short shaft 30inches i think) Im pretty happy with it other then being to fast on low. It will run a heck of a long time off just a car battery Haven't found a need for a deep cycle yet. And I've made some one mile runs with it on high. I think you would be happy with the 30 lb . It will run circles around an old 18lb. And use less battery then an old motor.
Hopefully some others will chime in with there thoughts.

Insanity said:
20 or 25 I forget. I couldn't find a used one so I bought the 30 lb. ( short shaft 30inches i think) Im pretty happy with it other then being to fast on low. It will run a heck of a long time off just a car battery Haven't found a need for a deep cycle yet. And I've made some one mile runs with it on high. I think you would be happy with the 30 lb . It will run circles around an old 18lb. And use less battery then an old motor.
A 55 lb is a monster and sure get you there quicker however .
Hopefully some others will chime in with there thoughts.

Latest posts