newbie needs some help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldmenrule

Reaction score
Hello to all and I am so happy to have found this site. I recently purchased a Richline aluminum boat and have been unable to correctly ID it. The metal tag on the transom says it is a model ? B 15 serial number 59020. I will be customizing it a piece at a time as money allows, but intend to rebuild the transom and get it on the water fishing as soon as possible. It has a 1959 Mercury 55AE Superthunderbolt motor that I am sure will need some TLC. Please help me ID this boat and help me rebuild the transom correctly. Thank you all in advance for your help it will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 687
  • boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 687
  • boat3.jpg
    boat3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 687
  • boat4.jpg
    boat4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 687
Thanks and yes I thought so too since it only cost me $400.00. I will take pictures of the issues tomorrow. It is rotted and feels rather flimsy. Do you know anything about this boat ? like year or specs max HP or load? i sure hope someone will have the answers.

The sports car of tin boats. Nice find! Please keep this thread going!

ok as requested here are pictures of the transom and will make it easy to understand why i want to rebuild it.
20140708_121510[1].jpg
20140708_121533[1].jpg
20140708_121529[1].jpg
Please help me with this request, i really need the correct model and specs for this boat. i currently have a 40 horse motor on it but i do not know if this is correct. I have faith in all of you that i will get my answers soon. once again thanks in advance for all of your help it is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20140708_121533[1].jpg
    20140708_121533[1].jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 597
You should be able to unbolt the transom board and pull it out. Soak all the bolts in PB blaster. Use the old rotten board as a template and cut yourself a new one out of 1" plywood (marine grade if possible), or what ever thickness the old one is. If there are parts that are rivited you'll have to drill them out and rerivit it back together. Sweet boat BTW! And its good to see a fellow Coloradian around here. :mrgreen:

You may not find a rating. Looking at it I'd say 40 hp 650 lbs is safe. How long and wide is it? There are formulas you could use. What are you wanting it to do? Stock restoration? Fishing boat? Ski boat? River racer? Party boat for 5 buddies? This is just the internet so what I'd do is determine if that transom is good enough for a test ride. Get that 40 running and see how it does alone and with your buddies. If the transom is to far gone then I'd fix it better than new in case you think the 40 is not pushing it. I'd have a blast fooling with it and so will you but I'd get it running and tested if it's safe.

I hope this helps. What one is yours? https://www.fiberglassics.com/library/File:Richlinebb001.jpg

well i intend on making it a fishing machine. it is 15 feet long with a 62 inch beam 52 inch transom at 16 inches high

Latest posts