Now That's a Business Trip

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickybobbybend

Reaction score
So I live in Anchorage and certainly enjoy the outdoors. But I recently took a business trip to rural Alaska and thought I would briefly share how it turned out. The meeting was held in a lodge in the Bristol Bay region. The lodge is accessible by boat or float plane only. Great meeting space, great food and a successful meeting. But we got done a bit early (surprise!) so had no alternative but to take advantage of the opportunity. Hooked up with a guide and a pilot and spent the next day sampling the fishing. Absolutely beautiful country and worth the effort. We caught sockeye and chum salmon (and others caught few king salmon, as well), lots of lake trout and some really nice rainbow and dolly vardon. Pretty stout gear ( 7wt+ fly rods, 3/4 oz+ spoons, etc.). I will certainly do it again, and if you get the chance, I hope you can take it. Got some nice shots with my cell phone, too; but it didn't pass the surprise float test.