paint my merc outboard

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the same issue with my 93 20hp merc,if stolen I get garbage for money,best thing to do is take tons of pictures of it to show your insurance company just in case it got taken they can't deny it was in near perfect condition . I have been back and forth on this so much of should I sell it for that very reason. I put it on Craigslist to test the market, I buy and sell every once in a while, I put my outboard on their for a price I know if I sell it I would be satisfied because I love this motor so much so it must be worth my time and I must make a good buck so I can pay as little as possible for my next outboard (20hp 4 stroke Suzuki efi). To my suprise I put it on for $2150,yes u read that right,lol,a 93 for over 2k and I had 2 people who wanted it the next day for full price,I was in shock seriously. I put it at a price were I thought it would never sell,but if by chance it did I could make a hefty profit,now I will tell you this motor is as clean and good running you will find, you won't find another in my state like it, (fl). It looks like it was just pulled out of the box except a few minor scratches and the top cowling was touched up and the guy did a half crap job imo but I'm real picky and it looks good to most people . Mechanically it's as perfect as you can get,power head is so clean you can eat off it. Once I touch the paint up I won't get rid of it anytime soon. I had a guy wanting it real bad and I took it off craigslist because it's worth more than what I was asking to me. I have been searching hi and low for a 25hp merc and got this on luck,only difference between the 20/25 merc is the carb so if I wanted to make it a 25,I buy a new carb and in 10 minutes it takes to install I gain 5hp,not bad. Long story, short,I would benefit by selling it for what I was asking but it just runs and looks so cherry. I put allot of blood,sweat and work into her to make sure she lasts a l Iifetime,these mercs are as bulletproof as they come. This 20hp moves my new 1648 alumacraft with near 800 lbs total weight at 30.6mph,that is insane power for a 20hp,if I upgraded to the bigger carb,wow,I bet I could hit near 33-35mph and that is insane speed for a tiller steer jon boat and super scary,lol.