Performance prop for 25+ hp outboards! Merc Spitfire

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great info. I tossed the idea around of moving to a 70 or even a 90 on my 2009 G3. Still would like something a bit bigger for the coastal waters so put her up for sale to see what may or may not come of it and would move up to a 20' G3 or SeaArk with a 72" floor.

I purchased my 1st Solas prop this summer. I am running a 4 blade 19P on my I/O. I am happy with the performance, and so far seems to be a good overall match for that boat. I bought it originaly as the "water ski" or heavy load prop, but I am getting decent wot speed from it. I am getting 57mph which is only down1-2 mph over the 3 blade 21P Black max. It accelerates faster at all rpms. It provides better stearn lift, which is a help with the deadrise on that v, along with the weight of the v8.

I have seen reports about rubex hub problems. ie don't really expect to be able to reuse hub. I did get that version, and will report when I pull the boat for winter. FWIW, I am told the standard hub versions which are cheaper, are the same blade design as the rubex. I'll be looking at solas for any replacement prop on my small outboards. Probaly stay with 3 blade on those.

Looking at the spitfire, the blade design does seem different than standard 4 blade props.

PS: I purchased mine from iBoats. They run some decent sales, and sometimes free shipping.

Latest posts