Pinnacle Baitcasting Line-up

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilinimud

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed Pinnacle finally emerging onto the scene with some nice reels. I have always been one that roots for the underdog, and was very happy when i heard the reels in Pinnacle's new line-up compared to Shimano's. I am buying a Pinnacle Matrix II when i can find the best price (eBay) and i am really looking forward to giving it a good workout. I know they have gotten a bad rap in the past, but i think some of it is from people buying their bottom end products, like the ones at Wal-Mart. Even Abu, or Shimano have junk at the 40-50 price range. Anyways, i was just wondering what everyone thought about Pinnacles and possibly stir up something positive for them.

As i read my message i sound like a Pinnacle Rep or something!!! :roflmao:

Tha Matrix II looks like a nice reel!!! I havent used on though..... BTW it looks kinda like a Pflueger....

It looks like it is a little on the heavy side, but thats ok. I could have gotten one that was 4.7 gear ratio for under 65 bucks, but i thougt that was too slow. I would rather have the 6.3

My dad bought a pinnacle interline rod probly 8 or 9 years ago. I used it a bunch of times, it was a decent rod compared to other no guide rods. I would much rather have guides on my rod though. The interline rods seems to lessen casting distance. I have never used any of their reels, but they look pretty decent.

Well guys i got my Pinnacle Vision XL in today and it is sweet!!! I hope more people catch on to Pinnacle, because it looks like they are on the right track. 11 bearings and smooth as silk. I know the #'s of bearing doesnt make the real as much as quality and placement of them, but they got it right here. MSRP is $130 i got it for $67.99! I only have one casting rod right now, so i pulled my Revo S off and slapped this guy on. The thing i am most happy about is it cast light lures 10 times better than the Revo. That was something i was really hoping for too. It feels better in your hand too IMO. Im not crowning this the best baitcaster ever after one day of use, but i am really happy about the deal i got on a high end reel. It does have a whirr when you cast, but that doesnt seem to effect anything......Now i just have to get a rod for it.

Should i get Medium 7 foot? I have a 6'6 MH that my Revo is on, but im not sure i will like a Medium. Any advice is welcomed, i think i will use it for lighter cranks/jerk baits/spoons/lipless and use my Revo for jigs/worms/heavier lipless.

Just in case you guys haven't seen it here are some pics. Kinda looks like the Daiwa SOL to me.

reel_1.jpg

reel_2.jpg

reel_3.jpg

That is a very nice looking reel. I like trying new brands, and proving opinions wrong. Everyone says, Daiwa and Shimano, but there a ton of other manufacturers out there that make some impressive stuff. I'm glad you are happy with your purchase. I would personally go with a 7' med rod. It will help you throw lighter stuff with the added flex. Good luck with it.

Cool you got a line you like getting, I'm a PFlueger fan myself, president series-I don't know about the new red series yet?

But you got the new reel I'd put it on a 7' med rod, totally new combination for ya-wich would mean I'd look forward to it :wink:

Thanks for the opinions guys. Im really glad i got this real. Now time to figure out the rod. I have just about decided on the 7 foot Medium. Now i have to decide what brand. Im thinking All Star, but Pinnacle also makes rods. Might as well give them a try on the too. I have a Gander Mtn. Elite rod now its IM7, and doesnt have the cork in front of the reel seat. I kinda like that, i dont use them anyway.

I have been using the Curado for a while and have 3 of them that crapped out on me. 2 just over a year 1 that I got my money out of. I tried one of the pinnacles from Wallyworld, had it for 2yrs. without any problems. I use it in fresh and in saltwater. I was impressed by it especially for the price. It looks very similar to Flueger's Presidential Reel. At the price of the reel I can have 3 backups for the same price as 1 curado.

Latest posts