Popz Past Away

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about your loss.
Yes, Pancreatic Cancer is horrible. I know way more about now than I ever wanted to 3 years ago before I was diagnosed. Average life expectancy is 5-7 months from diagnosis, 74% of people diagnosed will die within a year and the 5 year survival is only 6%.

Moo, if it helps at all I just want you to know that I'm very aware of how fortunate I am to still be here. I don't take it for granted either, I spend a lot of time as a volunteer for the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network. I'm the Advocacy Coordinator for my region working with local, state and federal elected officials to raise awareness and increase research funding. I traveled to Washington D.C. earlier this year to meet with my congresspeople and ask them to support a piece of legislation that is currently in committee called the Pancreatic Cancer Research and Education Act. And tomorrow I'll be up at 4 in the morning to help set-up our annual fundraiser called PurpleStride, My team and I raised over $2200 this year. In total the walk will net over $100,000 from close to 1500 participants.

I'm sure that right now there isn't much that can ease the pain of losing your Popz, but maybe in time the knowledge that there are people who are doing something to fight the beast that took him can help.

And just to repeat what Fender said:
CANCER SUCKS!

Sorry to hear about you loss, my dad passed away on 9-28, They put so much into our lives and it is sad when they leave. prayers sent to you and your family. [-o<

Prayers and condolences sent to you Moo. I feel your pain as I lost my Dad to Colon cancer 13 yrs ago. ****,I still miss him today as if it happened yesterday. I'd like to say something like"It gets easier",But for me it really hasn't. Hope for you ,that it does.Only time will tell. Take care and think of all the good stuff.

Latest posts