Possible CL Score?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishyItch

Reaction score
So I've got cabin fever bad, I'm just getting back into fishing and I need to upgrade my gear. My tackle box is stocked, but all of my rods and reels are crap. I want a few bass rods and something that will handle notherns.

I checked on craigslist and saw that a guy is selling 5 combos near where I live. Do you guys think this would be a good deal? He's asking $300. Below is the exact posting...

---------------------------------------------------------
Bass Pro Shop Pro Qualifier LTD reel. rod is a Shimano Simitar 7' MH, Shimano Sienna 4000FB reel on a Gander Mountain Advantage 7' HVY, Quantum Catalyst PTI reel on a Bass Pro Bionic Blade 6'6" MED rod, Quantum Energy on a Gander Mountain Competitor 5'6" Ultra light rod, High Speed Quantum Baitcaster on a Gander Mountain 7'6" HVY Flipping Stck.

I would like to sell all five together. SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY!!!
----------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to call him tomorrow. What do you guys think? Is $300 no good? Should I try to talk him down. Is my grab-everything-that-could-possibly-be-a-deal philosophy just clouding my judgement?

Any thoughts would be awesome as this craigslist thing could be time sensitive.

All depends on the condition. I'd pay that if the stuff was in great to excellent condition. If it has a bunch of boat rash and looks like it hasn't been cleaned in forever, tell the guy 225 or walk.