PRI-G fuel additive

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadmeat

Reaction score
Back in the late 90s I read an article in a boat magazine that touted a fuel additive called PRI-G. Besides being a fuel stabilizer, it was supposed to help protect the engine, remove deposits, and a few other things. The author praised it and said that everyone should use it in outboards.

The fuel stabilizer part wasn't of much use to me. Heaven knows my old Evinrude never sat long enough for the fuel to be a problem but I thought I'd try it for the engine protection part. I used it for about 5 years before I finally sold my boat. Although I admittedly pampered my motor, I've often wondered if the PRI-G had anything to do with the incredible reliability I had.

Have any of you ever used PRI-G?

Never heard of it until you mentioned it here. A quick google search brings up nothing negative. I wonder if it is a competitor to Stabil? NExt time I go by westmarine I will pick some up and try it.

https://www.sierratel.com/nutritio/prirecom.htm

Sounds like it is a mixture of Sea Foam, and Stabil. Sea Foam is great for ridding the motor of buildup, and Stabil is great as a fuel stabilizer. Provided it is as good as the two of those, it should be a good product. Haven't heard of it before though.

I think the incredible reliability you had was not caused by the fuel additive, more so the fact that your motor is a smaller Evinrude, and it got regular use. Those two factors alone will make an incredibly reliable motor.

Now, if you said it was on a Merc, I would have to credit it to the additive..... :D :lol: