Prop 60 hp merc

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first thought for that combo is a 13P, but if you can borrow a 15p, it might be interesting.

My boat started with a 15P aluminum, but the stainless one was a 17P. I thought it would be way too steep, but wow. You never really know with props until you try them.

Thanks!

And, apologies to @Koma for adding my question to your thread.

18' Gregor walk-thru with 50 HP Honda four stroke w/ PT&T. Semi V hull. Boat is rated for 60 HP max. 750# dry hull weight. Going to be at least 1200# with the motor, me, and all the crap I have in it. 32 MPH WOT. I have a tach sitting on the table waiting for me to install.

Current prop is 11.1x13
My first thought for that combo is a 13P, but if you can borrow a 15p, it might be interesting.

My boat started with a 15P aluminum, but the stainless one was a 17P. I thought it would be way too steep, but wow. You never really know with props until you try them.

Circling back around to this subject because I have the tach installed. And yesterday I actually remembered to look at it!

Current prop is an 11.1 x 13. Boat spec's out at 5,500 - 6,000 rpm, so say 5,750 as the target rated power rpm.

Yesterday in calm water I was showing 6,200 rpm at WOT. It looks like moving up to a 11 x 15 prop will put me right at the sweet spot for all around good performance.

You must have done this before because your thoughts were bang on! 👍👍👍