PWC powered jon boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea,It's probably not the most pratical build,BUT you only live once,and we might as well have fun while were here.
My plans of building my PWC powered boat is going real slow right now.The economy is horrible,the wife is bitching,and my father-in-law will not give me a definate answer if he's going to give me the 'ski.I have a few aces in the hole.I'm going to repair his mower tomorrow,and he wants me to rebuild the engine on his golf cart.When he ask me what he owes,we all know what I want.LOL

I havent seen the intake on a jet ski, but I wonder if there would be a way to modify it so you dont pick up as much garbage. We put men on the moon after all, this seems like a small difficulty compared to that operation.

all you would need is a heavy screen. for me and what i would do with the boat, is something kinda like chicken wire. just smaller holes. as long as what ever you use you don't restrict the amount of water the turban wheel needs for propulsion.

wouldn't a screen just hold crap against it and restrict flow at low speed, would it be better to just pass the crap through it? the ultimate setup would be a small stern drive with a big tripple 2 stroke snowmobile engine and save the cvt, no one ever does any kind of trans on boats but i think a cvt would work with the right prop? random thoughts...

If you made the screen and intake large enough, it wouldnt suck hard enough to hold stuff against it. But I dont know how much of a redesign that would imply.

Imagine how cool it would be, though to arrive at a boat ramp with a little 14 foot tin V hull with no outboard on the back. A tournament with several folks in large fiberglass boats is arriving to weight in. You launch the boat, park the truck. They all assume you are just gonna troll around the ramp area and fish.

Then you get in the boat and take off faster than many of them ever dreamed possible, all with a bare transom to rub it in.

Men, that right there is a moment so wonderful it would be worth the work in designing it.

they would be blown away if they didnt see the transom on the trailer. even though its jetski style you would still see the jet on the back. out of the water of coarse. i think it would be worth it. this winter after snook season i might take my 12ft flat bottom and do the conversion. just for sh%ts and giggles

**** now im thinking i really should have went this route... its not like me to go with something so average as an outboard, but for $50 i couldn't pass it up. maybe if i ever get a bigger boat i will put a big jetski engine in what i have now.

heavy-chevy said:
**** now im thinking i really should have went this route... its not like me to go with something so average as an outboard, but for $50 i couldn't pass it up. maybe if i ever get a bigger boat i will put a big jetski engine in what i have now.

:LOL2: Your killing me!

You ever see the movie BETTER OFF DEAD?

Every time I look at your boat I think of the drag racing in that movie...Dont ask me why! :LOL2:

whats better off dead, some boat drag racing movie or something? **** the thing only does like 35... the owner of my local cycle shop tells me my golf cart reminds him of mad max, sometimes i ride the beast up there...

heavy-chevy said:
whats better off dead, some boat drag racing movie or something? **** the thing only does like 35... the owner of my local cycle shop tells me my golf cart reminds him of mad max, sometimes i ride the beast up there...

Better off dead was an 80's comedy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Off_Dead_%28film%29

Defiantly worth the $3 rental. Its a move you watch with your girlfriend/wife. :LOL2:

Latest posts