Quiting smoking I am doing it...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am officially at the 7 day mark as of 8am this morning. Dont get me wrong or give me to much credit, I am still sucking on the Grizzly, i feel i can quit that easy enough.. My wife and mother in law are smoke free as well, they are officially on day 5. Its been hell with the wife the first few days, she is not happy about quiting.. :) Shes starting to ease up a bit and get a little friendlier.. On the knee all the infection is hust about gone, I got 2 small areas that are taking there sweet time, but the size of them is shrinking daily.. One thing i have found is a lot of the food i eat, I guess i really dont like, It is amazing how the taste buds change not sucking on smokes everyday.. Thanks for all the moral support. Its been a tough 2 weeks, first i kicked the Mt Dew that i love so much, then got this knee problem and quit smoking. And with the wife not being to friendly i guess i gave that up to for a while. Take everything a man loves in 14 days.... :mrgreen: I went fishing the other night for a few hours with my partner that smokes, I actually thought something was on fire how bad it smelled, I could have easily said hey give me one of them, but i held out..

Bugpac said:
I am officially at the 7 day mark as of 8am this morning. Dont get me wrong or give me to much credit, I am still sucking on the Grizzly, i feel i can quit that easy enough.. My wife and mother in law are smoke free as well, they are officially on day 5. Its been hell with the wife the first few days, she is not happy about quiting.. :) Shes starting to ease up a bit and get a little friendlier.. On the knee all the infection is hust about gone, I got 2 small areas that are taking there sweet time, but the size of them is shrinking daily.. One thing i have found is a lot of the food i eat, I guess i really dont like, It is amazing how the taste buds change not sucking on smokes everyday.. Thanks for all the moral support. Its been a tough 2 weeks, first i kicked the Mt Dew that i love so much, then got this knee problem and quit smoking. And with the wife not being to friendly i guess i gave that up to for a while. Take everything a man loves in 14 days.... :mrgreen: I went fishing the other night for a few hours with my partner that smokes, I actually thought something was on fire how bad it smelled, I could have easily said hey give me one of them, but i held out..

Good job but the Grizz will get you worse than ciggs. Thats how I got hooked on that stuff. Took me five years and a potential hottie to quit.

Keep it up BP!!! Didn't know that you also cut the Mt Dew... now that one would be tough for me ;-)

I grew up in house full of smokers and never realized how much they smelled until I moved away from my parents. I'd go by their house for Sunday dinner or something it would be like,,, man, what's that smell?

Glad you're hanging in there!

The dew is harder than the smokes, I have cheated on the dew, I have had 2 cans in the last 14 days... 9 days today for the smoking... :mrgreen: I have shed close to 15lbs in the last 2 weeks as well... Im feeling pretty good...

Wow Bug, Can't believe I missed this.

Congrats on quitting smoking man, and I hope the knee is healing up. Sounds like you're doing a complete health overhaul. =D>

On a sour note...I lost my PB (easily 10#+) today at the side of the boat... :evil:

Brine said:
Wow Bug, Can't believe I missed this.

Congrats on quitting smoking man, and I hope the knee is healing up. Sounds like you're doing a complete health overhaul. =D>

On a sour note...I lost my PB (easily 10#+) today at the side of the boat... :evil:

Were at, Varner?
Thanks BTW... Your turn to quit next... :)

Congrats! Have tried to quit smoking several times over the years, and it's a real task. We have however cutout sodas and fries. If we do stop at a fast food place we just order the sandwich (usually the grilled chicken), and do not order the entire meal. The soft drinks (soda) will put the weight on you quick if you drink enough of them. Instead, we drink iced tea.

Waterwings said:
Congrats! Have tried to quit smoking several times over the years, and it's a real task. We have however cutout sodas and fries. If we do stop at a fast food place we just order the sandwich (usually the grilled chicken), and do not order the entire meal. The soft drinks (soda) will put the weight on you quick if you drink enough of them. Instead, we drink iced tea.

Sweet tea? Man I cant stand that stuff. Hard to find regular tea in Ga as well... I can say, if your spouse smokes, I dont think it can be done unless you both do it... :)

Bugpac said:
Waterwings said:

Sweet tea? Man I cant stand that stuff. Hard to find regular tea in Ga as well... I can say, if your spouse smokes, I dont think it can be done unless you both do it... :)

GA tea (only comes in sweet and sweeter) probably has more sugar than soda's. I've forced myself to semi-like diet sodas... Diet Mt Dew isn't half bad :)

poolie said:
Bugpac said:
Waterwings said:

GA tea (only comes in sweet and sweeter) probably has more sugar than soda's. I've forced myself to semi-like diet sodas... Diet Mt Dew isn't half bad :)

Sweet tea here also :) . The sodas seem to go straight to my gut, but not the tea. Might be the caramel coloring and all the other stuff they put in sodas :shock: . Tea has anti-oxidants in it (or so they say, lol).