Replace or repair floor in 14ft. modif. v-hull ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishingman48

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Lady's & GENTLEMEN Welcome to the opening of my Post & questioning of whether I should repair or replace a part of flooring on my 14 ft Mirro Craft modified v-hull.
all manufactured modif. however apparently the original owner did not keep a tarp over the fitted cover and some debris built up and rear of flooring got a bit of shall we say water damage?
I am a good size fella anyway 6 FT. 280lbs so I thought may have been me however just a little over 1/4 of back of boat floor seems SPONGY.
SO, I AM KEEPING IT UNDER BETTER WRAP'S AND A BETTER TILT FOR DRAINAGE!
However! to all my handy- friends out there, I can make a yard turn into an oasis / but when it comes to carpentry, I'll admit I am not the best nor am I worst, but I would want it done right!! !
What would I be looking at if I choose to repair say 1/2 of the floor/ deck? As only a section seems Spongy / Not whole entire floor. Any ideas or suggestions ?I was thinking of putting down a piece of plywood over area until season over to make sure i don't go through not that it's that bad, but I am a safety nut! lol.

Plywood would get you through this season but sounds like it needs replacing. And if the back half is spongy the front may not be far behind. If you’re going to the work I’d consider doing the whole thing.

The question will be what does the floor frame look like? If aluminum, probably fine. If wood, it may need replacing too.

Make sure your foam is ok and not waterlogged as well.

My 14’ Mirro is currently getting a floor, but it never had one to begin with. My frame ended up a bit overkill but it will be solid! I’m really looking forward to finishing and getting it out on the water!

Lay the plywood over the floor and ENJOY it for the rest of summer. Then replace the whole thing once the weather turns. Do it right, as Airshot recommends.