Rivet Gun

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripdmup

Reaction score
Air-Cordless-Hand powered
Thoughts?

My Air powered finally died and am looking to replace......................Just curious what people have to say

I always thought the cordless ones were too expensive to be worthwhile. A pneumatic is on my to-buy list but since I don't use it but once in a blue moon I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Hand operated is fine, but if you ever run into a project that requires big steel rivets, or even a lot of smaller aluminum ones, I suspect a powered gun would be worth investing in.

Thank you guys for the input. I am leaning towards the battery operated tool. The price has been keeping me from the purchase even though I seem to be doing more and more rivet work. MrGiggles, get a decent pneumatic tool that will do the job with one pull of the trigger.

One of the best tools I never knew I needed was my Milwaukee M12 Rivet gun. I have an air powered one as well and have for years but the bonus of the cordless is it's small physical size. Can get the tool in many more places.

I treated myself to a Minova cordless rivet gun. I have done about 800 stainless rivets so far. Love the gun. I do need to manually pull the stem out of the gun. It tends to jam when I try to let it drop into the catch bin.

Wish I would have gotten the MKE, but I will be opening one up on Monday (lol)
and I'll let you know in a week or so.

We got the 12V Milwaukee for work and it is great. I just had to install some stainless rivets and they are a royal PIA in a hand riveter. The m set them with minimal effort. They have an 18v version but it's much more expensive. The 12V can do up to 3/16" rivets (aluminum) and those are no problem. If you set a lot of rivets its worth every cent.