Sea Nymph 14r

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonhulio

Reaction score
Hello All,

I've been lurking for a few months on this forum, gathering info and tips for my own project.

I picked up a 14 ft Sea Nymph with a Johnson 9.9 hp motor this winter, intending to convert it when the weather improved. Here in central Michigan, it appeared that the weather never would break. Once the weather improved, the project went pretty smoothly. I was lucky enough to have a friend give me a 15 hp Evinrude motor while I was working on the boat. The Evinrude hadn't been run in almost 12 years but, after doing some minor carb work, it fired right up. Changed out the water pump impeller, lower unit oil and put it on the boat when I finished it. I built the framework out of recycled 1/14" square aluminum tubing. The tubing was recycled from an old pontoon boat railing that had been discarded. It seemed to work great and is light.

I finished the project and tested the boat on a local lake last week. I was extremely pleased with its performance. The boat is very stable and the Evinrude runs great. I have since added a bow mount trolling motor and a fish finder.

Please take a look at the attached pics and feel free to comment. Thanks to everyone on the forum. I learned a lot and you guys made it much easier to do this project.

Attachments

• IMG_0284.JPG
    IMG_0284.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 1,991
  • IMG_0279.JPG
    IMG_0279.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,984
  • IMG_0276.JPG
    IMG_0276.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,984
  • IMG_0251.JPG
    IMG_0251.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,987
that turned out nice! i have a 14K i would like to do similar to that this winter.... id do it now but i hate spending my time working on it when i can be fishing out of it! i guess you are a welder? i'll have to take another route for the framing, if i tried to weld it it would just look like a pile of chewed up silver bubble gum. fine job on that carpeting. what thickness did you use on the decking? thanks

Thanks very much ! The carpet was a bear to do, but overall it came out pretty good. I really had to take my time with it.

Yes, I TIG welded it all together. I think the way I have it braced it will not fatigue crack at the welds. If it does I will add some gussets at the joints.

The deck is 3/4 CDX plywood.

Latest posts