senko

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shinerman77

Reaction score
With some persuasion from my buddy, Bassaddict1976, I am starting to get into artificial lures again. How do you fish the senkos. I have read from the forums about rigging them texas and carolina. But with no weight how do you fish them? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining! :D

You can rig Senkos (or any stick baits) wacky style. This means either putting the hook through the center of it, ot getting/making a tool that allows you to slip a tight o-ring over the center of the stick bait and then putting the hook though that. When using real senkos, this makes them last more than 1-2 fish. You should use an octopus type hook to avoid allot of gut hooks. With regular EWG hooks if the bite goes undetected (it happens) you will probably get a gut hook resulting in bad news for the fish...I've done it many times :cry:

The cheap way out is to use a sharpie cover and get some o-rings at the local hardware store. Or search wacky tool and o-ring on ebay for bulk o-rings and a wacky tool.

Attachments

• tool.jpg
    tool.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,015
and of course the basic weightless texas rig style, cast it to your spot and let it sink and sit. Then tug it up and let is drop again and let it sit. Also you can skip it under cover(docks and such). The original Yamamoto Senko do tear fairly easily, I don't know if that's the plastic or the amount of salt used(to weight it) but they work! The key is the horizontal drop I've heard.

BassAddict1976 said:
Shhhhh guys dont tell him nothin'.

hahaha

this really made me laugh!!!

I use mine t-rigged. I've had lots of luck using them this way. I might try to wacky rig them next time I am out.