sonar

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanbc

Reaction score
Im going to be buying a hummingbird fish finder soon and was wondering what else i will need. I do plan on adding some LED lights and some switches.
What kind of battery do i get ?
What are good marine switches to get.?
any fuses?

Do i need anything else

Lots of good switches - get marine grade wire (tinned) and switches.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17103&p=175595#p175595

Do you have running lights and a 360 white?

I have nothing now. Thanks for the link.

here is a picture of what i have to work with.

Attachments

• Boat.JPG
    Boat.JPG
    377.3 KB · Views: 412
1. Run some PVC to use a conduit so you can avoid rubbing wires and make it easy to change things out for later modifications.

2. Figure out where you want your batteries - is this gonna have trolling motors, a gas out board or both?

3. Make a panel with buss bar(s), switches and proper fusing - you can then run your electronics power from there.

4. If you ever intend to be out after dark or pre-dawn then you will need running light and a 360 white light. Many ways to do this - i have been limping along with my 16 ft. boat (the little boat) using battery powered stuff. Nice thing there is nothing to go wrong. However, you might want something more permanent. I know a member here is selling perko running lights at a good price
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17042&p=174912&hilit=perko#p174912

USE THE SEARCH FEATURE on this site and read, read read. No need to reinvent the wheel, our great members have already solved and explained how DIY all of this stuff and loads more - me, I would rather fish then work on the boat

Members to avoid:

popeye, fishcop, bassaddict and probably Jim - they all make fun of me :mrgreen:

Captain Ahab said:
USE THE SEARCH FEATURE on this site and read, read read. No need to reinvent the wheel, our great members have already solved and explained how DIY all of this stuff and loads more - me, I would rather fish then work on the boat

Members to avoid:

popeye, fishcop, bassaddict and probably Jim - they all make fun of me :mrgreen:

I am glad I missed the list....

I fished Puget Sound and most Pacific NW Lakes in boats like that for 30 years.

If your going for Rainbow, Heffley lake is good choice.
Good quiet oars, cushions, a small tarp to stow up front that's anchored so you can pull it up over your head quickly.
Lights. Good quiet oars and oarlocks. I've always had Outboards, but you really don't need them in impounded waters. You can row for miles, for good quality fishing, and still not be too tired to enjoy the campfire afterwards.

I use an old Disk Brake Rotor for anchors.

If you going out for Salmon it's much the same except for the outboards and some emergency communications.

Redbug's idea of reading the search features is great. Lot's of experiences on this forum. 8)