St Croix rod deal

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

utahusker

Reaction score
I was going to buy a St Croix Avid 6'6" 1 piece rod (ML fast tip)at BPS for $160. For the heck of it I called "Sportsman's Warehouse". They had the exact rod that I was looking for at a price of $109. I've searched all over and nothing even comes close that price.

I realize they closed a bunch of stores around the country. If you have one near you check out their prices on the St Croix rods, unless my store made a mistake.

I like St. Croix. Recently bought two of the MOJO BASS series for under a hundred bucks. They seem really good. I have Curado 200 DHSV's (2 yr old reels) on these rods.

Looked at Sportsman's Warehouse, there's no online shopping and no store anywhere near me.

90 percent of my rods that i typically use are st croix. I have a couple avids but mostly premiers..and 1 gloomis crankbait rod. Sounds like an awesome score!

shfishinsticks said:
Possibly could be an older Avid model (which I prefer). The old ones were matte grey/black in color. The new ones are gloss carbon pearl.
You're right, mine's a flat finish, so it must be an older model.