tilt and trim manual release valve

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earl60446

Reaction score
Looking for the following part for my omc 1988 T&T unit for 50hp johnson, listed everywhere as obsolete / unavailable.
There is a small rubber "nipple" on the end, cannot be seen in photo that is leaking on mine and causing a slow leakdown on the unit when it is up. Any of you guys got any ideas on how I can remedy this?
Tim

https://www.marineengine.com/newparts/part_details.php?pnum=OMC0172601&pass_title=0172601+%3A+L%2FP+++36.85&replacement=

Attachments

• valve.jpg
    valve.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 488
If there are any authorized BRP/Evinrude dealers near you, visit one.
At the dealership, on the BRP Parts look up system, is an obsolete parts section.
The system can check stock of any obsolete part by part number at any dealership across the country that has that part listed.
They can give you the name and number for that dealership so that you can follow through and purchase the part.
I may also have the part, new. Pain to get to, if I have it, so try the method above first.

In the meantime, use the tilt lock provided on your engine. It will only leak down to that point and rest on the lock.

EDIT - I had time to go up in the attic for you. I do not have the 40-50 style.

I need one too if I can ever get my old one out. Both prongs where the flat edge screwdriver rests between are completely gone/broken off. Any ideas on how to remove/replace it?

nowgrn4 said:
I need one too if I can ever get my old one out. Both prongs where the flat edge screwdriver rests between are completely gone/broken off. Any ideas on how to remove/replace it?

Here is a link to a ebay sale with these release valves.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/172601-OMC-MANUAL-RELIEF-VALVE-/322147161401?hash=item4b01779539:g:uWkAAOSwSX9XBAq3&vxp=mtr

They are not cheap. Don't buy them all, I might need to purchase one too.

You may want to try and cut a new slot in that aluminum valve for a slotted screwdriver. Maybe with a dremel.

Tim