Time for a new prop. Where to buy?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinkynathan

Reaction score
I was stupid a couple weeks back and ran up on a sandbar on the river. Didn't think the prop was too bad until I looked closely at it the other night. Missing a chunk on one blade and bent on all the others. That would explain the cavitation problem I've been having.

This is a mid-80s Mariner 15hp I'm talking about. The prop now is an aluminum 9.25x10P. Where can I locate one of these or something like it? I've found Mariner props, but the years never seem to go back far enough for my engine.

Also, what would be the effect of bumping up to something like a 10x10p? I'm not completely happy with my top speed. Don't have a tach though......

I'm sure if you call them, these folks can fix you up. :wink:

https://dansdiscountprops.com/index.cfm

I'm not sure what your boat is but in order to get a proper prop. you need a tach.
Every outboard has it's optimum rpm range and you don't want to run to high or low on your rpm's;at wide open throttle.
If you increase your pitch,speed should be more and your rpms will go down(somewhere around 200rpm per pitch).
Reverse that with a lower pitch,less speed,higher rpm's.
So going from a 9.25 dia.to a 10 dia and the same pitch probably won't increase your speed.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think in 1 revolution a 10(pitch)prop.will move 10 inches.?