Timing belt and water pump

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waterwings said:
Jim said:
Waterwings said:
I don't know a thing about t-belts, pumps, etc., but this has reminded me that I'm waaaay past an oil & filter change. :shock:

:LOL2: If your under 10k between changes....your good. :shock:

Ummm, it's about 8k between changes right now :shock:

I have about 9500 miles on my oil. I'll wait another 2500 to change the filter and will change the oil next June/July. Oh wait, I use Amsoil, so it's all good.

Jim,
According to Alldata, which is the online database I use at work, shows that the timing belt engine offered in your truck is not an interferance engine. The 6 cyl is belt and 4 cyl is chain. I dont think it would damage the valves ect. It will however leave you stranded.

I dont recommend folks with limited automotive experiance tackle the tbelt job alone. Its can be a job. As far as the water pump, it can be checked for leaks and worn front bearings. I usually dont change water pump at 90k but will at 180k.

sccamper said:
Jim,
According to Alldata, which is the online database I use at work, shows that the timing belt engine offered in your truck is not an interferance engine. The 6 cyl is belt and 4 cyl is chain. I dont think it would damage the valves ect. It will however leave you stranded.

I dont recommend folks with limited automotive experiance tackle the tbelt job alone. Its can be a job. As far as the water pump, it can be checked for leaks and worn front bearings. I usually dont change water pump at 90k but will at 180k.

Thanks for digging into it. :beer: I'm going to drive it until it snaps...pull the plates and leave it there. :LOL2:

If you lived closer Id cut you a deal on the side. Love doing them. I dont know what kind of labor rate yall pay up there but Alldata shows book time around 3.5 hours., Parts couldnt been over $200. A reliable independant shop could probally get you done between 4-500. I would do it under 4 depending on actual parts price.

sccamper said:
If you lived closer Id cut you a deal on the side. Love doing them. I dont know what kind of labor rate yall pay up there but Alldata shows book time around 3.5 hours., Parts couldnt been over $200. A reliable independant shop could probally get you done between 4-500. I would do it under 4 depending on actual parts price.

Believe me man, I wish you lived closer. I would keep you busy all the time between my family and friends.

Latest posts