TinBoats Twitter - Random posts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12+"s of rain in east Jacksonville in the last 24hrs, 16+"s in the last 3 days with more today. No fishing this weekend in the creeks, too much fresh water.

Popeye said:
Went out for a few hours yesterday
6-7-2012002reduced.jpg

Man I bet those are some good eats!

Thinking about selling off my float tube and picking up a yak... don't really know why, just kinda getting sucked into the idea of yak fishing (and could leave it on the car at work for after work trips...)

I know a guy down here that goes out on Lake Michigan quite a bit in a Yak. He trolls for Salmon and Brown Trout with it. What are the advantages/disadvantages of a Kayak over float tube? Not sure about the UV rating so leaving it on the top of a car might not be the best thing for it.

Offhand, the yak would paddle a LOT nicer than my kludged together kicktube - definitely more stable and have more options for rods/electronics/etc. The tube is nice because it packs down to nothing, but is pretty focused on small stream/the occational bay/harbor float.

Reality of it is - the yak probably wouldn't get used as I've got the boat now, and would just end up taking up valuable space in the garage. Heck I haven't used the tube since I got the boat.

Think I'll stick with the boat. Seems to be working just fine. :mrgreen:

Edit - I'll never understand why people say "you can't take your small tinny on LM" but then pile a metric ton of crap into a SOT yak and head out into open water. I think I'd feel a lot safer in the tinny than the yak, but it takes all kinds I suppose.

Back in my younger days, the kayak was a great fishing platform. We were able to access some great fishing spots in the mountains that a boat wouldn't be able to and stayed reasonably dry too. We've even taking our kayak out past the breakwater into the ocean several times (on a calm day of course). But alas, age took it's toll and now it's only boats for us.

As far as storage, I kept it in my patio with a tarp over it to keep the weathering to a minimum as the plastic will deteriorate quickly in the sun.

Lived in this house for 6 years and the front outdoor faucet has never worked worth a darn.

Here some moron (previous owner) installed the anti-siphon check BACKWARDS. No wonder the stupid thing has never had any pressure....

#-o

i want to be in bed right now! walked in my bed room flipped on the light to see a bare matress,bedding still was still in the wash machine,wet! where its been since lunchtime #-o

if my memory is this bad in my 20's ill be senile by forty :shock:

200racing said:
i want to be in bed right now! walked in my bed room flipped on the light to see a bare matress,bedding still was still in the wash machine,wet! where its been since lunchtime #-o

if my memory is this bad in my 20's ill be senile by forty :shock:

Been there, done that! #-o #-o

If you're in your twenties, just use the couch like the rest of your age group.

Otherwise just a bare bed never stopped me from pulling a blanket/woobie up and crashing out. :lol:

Ah yes, the twenties............I have slept in my car, on the floor, many couches, on the beach and even on the cargo ramp of a C-130 while flying over tree tops!

Serious question now - I want to get my deck sealed up so I can start the farce that is a carpeting debacle.

Do I seal the .5" CDX/ 2x2 frame with Spar or FG Resin from wally world?

Need to get supporting supplies for either tonight and would like to make one run to the hardware store either way.

What says you, Tinboats?!

This brought a good laugh. :mrgreen:

https://www.faircitynews.com/2011/05/16/2012-cox-sucker-days-announced/

Attachments

• cox.JPG
    cox.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 166

Latest posts