Tionesta creek

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnman

Reaction score
A friend and I went waiding in Tionesta creek yesterday only to have one of the best days this year. I caught 11 fish ranging from 2-4lbs and my buddie caight 5 about the same sizes. Finally I out fished this guy, He is a top noch fisherman and he always beats me up bad on the fish count, but not yesterday. My buddie was throwing flukes and I was using Esguires baits and I must say they work really well. I never used soft plastics much so it took about a half hour to figure out how to use them but then it was fish after fish. The water was freezin and we froze our nuts off waiding in chest deep water but it was worth every bit of it. Thanks Esquired for the help! Sorry no pictures but I wasnt taking my camera out in the water. Its in bad enough shape as it is!

Sounds like a blast, well minus the cold water and chest deep part. Which of "captain ahabs" baits were you using.

The water needs to warm up a bit before I wade again. I turtled as soon as I hit the water. Thats just a little to cool. The water temps in Tionesta creek are about 58 degrees and in the summer it lucky to hit 70. Tionesta creek is a very cool creek all year round but its full of big fish!

Daves worms are awesome
Yes they are my friend. I was sold after catching a small smallie on my 2nd cast after wadeing out and finally figured out how to use them. I wish I would have started using soft plastics years ago, I would have definately have more fish under my belt. I know my fish count is gonna climb now. I hope!!!!!!