Tn Musky 9-20-09

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba

Reaction score
Me and my buddy Ryan hit the lake again today. Between the rain, and the first half of the day....it pretty much sucked...haha. No follows or anything the first half, then I finally got this 42 on the 8.

42.jpg

Ryan had a couple more follows, but no hookups. Overall still had a good day after we finally seen a fish and got one in the boat.

Nice fish, congrats.

I aim to give that a whirl myself one of these days. I'll just have to head east to do it.

Nice catchin!!! Also seeing that you dont bass fish anymore can I have all your rods/reels? I think all of mine are defective cause they dont seam to catch fish, only turtles, large branches and snags...................................... #-o #-o

BassAddict said:
Nice catchin!!! Also seeing that you dont bass fish anymore can I have all your rods/reels? I think all of mine are defective cause they dont seam to catch fish, only turtles, large branches and snags...................................... #-o #-o

Haha, I haven't "quit" bass fishing, just focusing on something a little more fun at the moment. Bass is just the "stand-by" species.... :lol:

Gorgeous beast you caught! I am starting to get back to Muskie fishing. Shhh Don't tell anyone because Salmon Fishing in the big lake don't really appeal to my anymore and I miss the tactics involved in Muskie fishing. The teeth and just pure beauty of them. :lol:

Great Job!

Salmon_Slayer_2008_Lund said:
Gorgeous beast you caught! I am starting to get back to Muskie fishing. Shhh Don't tell anyone because Salmon Fishing in the big lake don't really appeal to my anymore and I miss the tactics involved in Muskie fishing. The teeth and just pure beauty of them. :lol:

Great Job!

If you don't mind me asking, what lake do you typically target for musky? I've got some friends(people I stayed with on my trip to CA last month). They live just outside of Toronto in Georgetown.

Bubba said:

Great Job!

If you don't mind me asking, what lake do you typically target for musky? I've got some friends(people I stayed with on my trip to CA last month). They live just outside of Toronto in Georgetown.

I go to the Kawartha Chain of lakes about 1hr from Toronto. Mainly Scugog but they are packed in the Kawartha's if you can handle the weeds, you can be very successful. I got my biggest Muskie there and I have seen 50+ inch fish give follows and throw hooks.

Bubba said:

Great Job!

I go to the Kawartha Chain of lakes about 1hr from Toronto. Mainly Scugog but they are packed in the Kawartha's if you can handle the weeds, you can be very successful. I got my biggest Muskie there and I have seen 50+ inch fish give follows and throw hooks.

Ah, Cool....One of the guys I met up at Nipissing last year, and again this year has a cabin/trailer set up at the Kawartha's somewhere as well.

From my house to Scugog takes roughly 1hr and 20mins at the most. Thats with getting live bait on the way, minnows and worms. I personally never been to Nipissing. I have been to Rice Lake as well and I may do a Walleye tournament at Sturgeon Lake its just about 30 mins north of Lake Scugog.

From my house to Scugog takes roughly 1hr and 20mins at the most. Thats with getting live bait on the way, minnows and worms. I personally never been to Nipissing. I have been to Rice Lake as well and I may do a Walleye tournament at Sturgeon Lake its just about 30 mins north of Lake Scugog.

Very Cool, If I could...I would love to spend some more time up there exploring some of the awesome lakes you guys got. :beer:

:?: Is it me or do those things have a huge amount of slime on them? Every Pic ive seen of one has slime drooping down from the fish.

Again man!! Awesome Catch!!

whj812 said:
:?: Is it me or do those things have a huge amount of slime on them? Every Pic ive seen of one has slime drooping down from the fish.

Yeah, They've all got alot of slime on them. Some people from up north i've heard them refereed to as "Slimers".

LOL!! You just brought back childhood memories!! When I hear "Slimer" this is what I think of!! :)

https://nodders.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/slimer.jpg

Bubba said:

Very Cool, If I could...I would love to spend some more time up there exploring some of the awesome lakes you guys got. :beer:

Its great. All these Muskie infested waters. Their is pretty big fish up here.

Latest posts