trolling motor back and leg pain

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
any one have ideas on how to illeminate back and leg pain from running my cable steer trolling motor. I would like to go with a recessed tray but i think the hole in the floor will get in the way during the off season during fishing and hunting

If you went with a recessed tray could you make a filler block of some kind that could go in the tray when you're hunting? Is it the angle of the foot control that gives you the pains or does the foot control move around? If your deck is carpeted, the hook side of velcro stuck to the bottom of the controller might keep it in place. If it is the angle maybe you can fashion some kind of little platform that would set the controller at an angle right for you. I don't have one so I'm just firing off some ideas.

I agree with bobberboy. Do you stand and fish? If so, I've heard that recessing the foot pedal helps alot. I've also seen guys use an anti-fatige mat on the front of their decks which supposedly helps.

A recessed tray is the way to go for foot controlled TM's. I have a customer that had a recess built in to his fiberglass boat and he had a hand control TM. He complained that he was always twisting his ankle and dang near falling in because of it. I built him a custom piece that fit inside the recess and he said it works perfect. He says he doesn't even realize it is there or that he is standing on it. So I think jut building a block to fill the recess during the off season and you should accomplish what your wanting.

Latest posts