trolling motor for Alumacraft 1648

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawdog

Reaction score
Howdy. I've recently been considering a trolling motor for my boat to use in a local small lake that is electric only. Occasional river use too, probably. My boat is an Alumacraft 1648 that weighs about 480# with the outboard attached. Before I could do too much research, I stumbled on a Minn Kota Endura 50 (36 inch shaft) on "clearance" for just under $180, brand new. I thought that was a decent price, so I went ahead and grabbed it and figured I'd check in here next.

Questions: do you all think this is a good enough price and the right type motor? It is a transom mount, which is what I want. I think I understand the advantages and disadvantages of a 12v versus a 24v. I know that I want only one battery for weight reasons. My transom is a 20" and it's setup with a jet. Where I run, it's shallow. So, I'm thinking the 36" shaft is preferable, even with the 20" transom, in the event I do decide to run it on a river. ???

Thanks.

Thanks guys. I guess I'll get to looking for the other parts I need--battery and case. Redbug: nice CW reference. :)

Latest posts