Trolling Motor plug question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The speed that it works on is fine for me...I have a back up minn kota but t is hand controlled...so I won't be without a trolling motor. But the fishfinder itself is worth 150 and the battery charger is worth 30...I looked at new trolling motors and they were way too expensive for me. I'm going to keep the setup...for 30 bucks it is worth it. I won't run it on super low speeds anyways.

Another option is to find a local repair shop. I purchased my Minn Kota 40lb bow mount for 50 bucks. It worked but had a couple issues. I took it to the local authorized repair shop and had it reconditioned and had the bad parts replaced for 70 bucks. Now I have basically a new motor for the third of the cost of a new one.

that's a great idea. should I take it to a marina or something like that? It is an evinrude trolling motor

I found the guy I used through a local fishing forum. He is an authorized technician for Minn Kota and Moter Guide. I'm sure there has to be one in your area, just cant tell ya how to locate them. I'm sure if you find one, they could work on an Evinrude. All those things are pretty much the same. The guy that did mine works out of his garage so he has no overhead so his prices are great!!

kycolonel138th said:
:wink: Just buy one at the hard'ware store 120 plug 3$.
That plug is what got him in this situation in the first place. It allready has a house type plug on it and it got plugged into a house current. Besides, a house type plug from the hardware store isnt designed for a 12v application and will cause issues even if it dosnt get plugged into the wall.

This should be in the humor section...

To the op, cut the stupid plug off and hook it to a well charged 12vdc battery. Well, first look on the troller to see what voltage it uses. I suspect it's a 12vdc because it's ancient. See which speeds work and go from there.

Jamie

cut it off, hooked it to a 12 volt, and it works. i just need a fuse for it. prolly 40 amp.

Well if you decide you don't want to hassle with the tm, msg me, I'll give you a sweet $30 for it. Lol spuds like you got a deal after it is all said and done. :)