try before you buy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbug

Reaction score
Tackle warehouse is starting something that sure looks great.
Unless you are buying the same thing I like to try a reel to get the feel of it but this is even better...

Tackle Warehouse Demo Program
Welcome to the Tackle Warehouse Demo Program! The first fishing reel demo program that delivers demo reels to you anywhere in the continental USA. Our goal is to make it easy and fun for you to demo reels whether you live in New York City (population: 7,342,600) or Harmony, California (population: 18).

Here's how our program works
How much does it cost?
The only costs you will incur are the UPS charges for shipping the reels to you and back to Tackle Warehouse. You can enter your zip code while you're adding demos to your shopping cart to see your shipping charges. The shipping costs range from as little as $15 for two reels to $20 for four reels (depending on distance). Note: You may demo a maximum of four (4) reels at one time.

How long does it take to get the demos & how long can I keep them?
It takes two days from the day we ship them for the reels to reach you. Your reels will ship the same day you order them or the following day (not counting weekends), depending on what time of day you order them. You get to keep demos for one week. If you receive them on a Monday then you have to ship them back to us the following Monday. If you receive them on Tuesday then you return them the following Tuesday, and so on.

How do I return the demos to Tackle Warehouse?
We provide you with a preprinted UPS return label. All you have to do is seal the reels back in the box, put the return label over the original label and take the box to a staffed UPS drop off center or any UPS driver. You can locate the drop off center nearest you using the UPS web page (be sure to select "staffed" for the drop off location type).

What if I forget to return them?
We want as many people as possible to have a chance to demo these reels so it's important that they're returned to us on time. If you ship them late, there is a late fee of $2.50 per reel, per day. If you're more than 7 days late and we are unable to reach you, we will charge your credit card for the full price of the reels.

Will the demo reels be ready to fish when I receive them?
All reels will come spooled with line and will be ready to fish the minute you receive them. Casting reels will be spooled with either 12lb or 15lb test depending on spool capacity and spinning reels with have 6lb or 8lb test line depending on reel size.

How do I begin?
Choose from the manufacturer links at the bottom of this page to find the reel you want to demo. Click on the desired reel link and then just follow the directions that appear on each page. You'll be able to add more demos to your order, add products you want to buy to your order, and keep track of your shipping charges. All back ordered items excluding demo reels will be placed on a separate order to ensure your demo reels are not delayed. Also remember, there is a limit of four (4) reels per demo order.

Demos Available by Vendor

That sounds like a neat deal ! Hopefully people wanting to test reels will read the "What if I forget to return them?" clause in the program. That could get costly.

wheres the link, i cant find it directly on tackle warehouse. and i cant find it

Latest posts