Two Stroke or Four Stroke?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15 Evinrude/Johnson engines are getting more and more expensive every year. In this area a good freshwater unit can go 800...1000 with electric start. These are nice running, clean engines. Even busted up ol' parts engines can bring around 100 or more. I ran across a brand new 9.9 Johnson last year. It sold for 2K, cash. Factory warranted it too for the new owner. The prices are up there. Just watch ebay bidding.

A lot of this may be money itself isn't worth as much. Selling a nice shiny outboard engine won't even fill a heating oil tank. If the price of something doubles, it could be because the money is only worth half as much. All that's okay if your income doubles too...

The whole system seems to be changing too fast to keep up with. I don't think it's improving, overall. Not a lot of people I know make twice as much as they did ten years ago. The cost of most everything seems to have way more than doubled in the same time. Why is that?

Latest posts