Unbeleiveable Weekend of Fishing! Multiple 9-12lbs eyes...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallijig

Reaction score
Buddy that guides called and said "Prespawn HAWG Walleye bite is on get out after them!" That was understatement!! We hit water at Friday evening from 10pm to 5am Saturday morning, took about 3 hr. nap, hit a lake with ice on it yet to catch some hawg perch and eater size eyes, then hit prespawn areas again Saturday evening from 9pm to 6am Sunday morning. Evening we pitched Rapala #12 Husky Jerks at spawning staging areas. Days on ice we jigged Rapala rippin' shads. We caught each over 60 eyes lot in the 4-7 lbs range plus each got multiple hawgs from 8lbs to 11 lbs.

Did not take pictures of all fish just a small sample of some of the bigger ones for us to remember the evening. Plus way and quality of fish that were biting no one wanted stop. :D Also fish on ice is only my catch for day rest of group had limit of eyes and few humpie perch also.

IMG_0445_1_.JPG

IMG_0450_2_.JPG

IMG_0452_2_.JPG

IMG_0447_2_.JPG

IMG_0432_1_.JPG

IMG_0434_2_.JPG

IMG_0435_2_.JPG

My ice fishing catch from Saturday..

IMG_0439_1_.JPG

Then Sunday night I hooked up boat and hit another lake. Wind come up so could not launch, so did some fishing off shore. That's where I met a guy who was fishing next to me. Wind ended up going down around sunset so asked him if he would like to join me for hr or so on water. I took him to one of my hotspots where I got 10 lb eye week before and he hooked into this one which weighed 9lbs 14oz.

IMG_0455_1_.JPG

Had a great weekend again. Got into some nice walleyes.
Got multiple 24"-30"ers.
This one was just short of 30".
IMG_0516_1_.JPG

Here's friends wife with one of the 24" eyes she got when they jumped in my boat earlier in week.
IMG_0503_1_.JPG

Latest posts