Unusual customer service?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phased

Reaction score
I bought a used 1542 Alweld boat several months ago. I have been slowly modding on it when I have a little time. I don't have a garage so it is really a pain to drag everything out for an hours work. I have the aluminum deck framing done and about ready for paint. So I thought I would contact Alweld in Lonsdale Arkansas about buying new factory decals. Customer service not only sent me the decals in my choice of color FREE but put in two really nice Alweld ball caps to boot. I felt this was beyond the norm in customer service and wanted to share my experience.

I have an Alweld also. As you have seen in my past pics, I have a very heavy 4 - stroke on the back. The roads around New Orleans (the way to Hopedale and Venice) are horrible and I've ripped the transom on 2 boats with this motor. When I bought this Alweld, I made them put it in writing that it would hold it. 3 months later the brace from the bottom to the transom ripped where it was welded to the bottom of the seat. Thank goodness I caught it before it ripped the hull. I took it immediately to the dealer and they called Alweld. Alweld fixed it for me and extended my warranty. They said that if it happened again that they would replace the hull. All they asked me to do was try to get a transom saver on it. This wasn't easy with a motor with no power trim and tilt. I've never heard any negative things about them and I would recommend them to anyone.

EVERY manufacturer will have a problem or lemon. The true test is what the manufacturer will do to correct the problem.

phased,

That's good service! After you have the decals on, maybe send them a pic showing the decals on the boat, and maybe one of you wearing the new ballcap. Kind of a thank you to them :wink:

Specknreds,

Good service from Alweld also! 8)