Value

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispbrown27

Reaction score
Ok, so a few months back my Uncle passed away after battling heart disease for years. My Aunt has decided after a lot of encouragement to sell his boat. The boat isn't worth too awfully much....he didn't abuse it but he used it pretty hard dragging it in and out of strip pits he used to love to fish. The motor is were the money is. It's a 2007 tiller handle 25 hp Yamaha 2 stroke he had to special order because no one was carrying 2 stroke in the area at the time. I have checked NADA and know what they say and I have looked on all the local classified ads trying to find something similar to compare local prices but being February no one is selling much right now. So thought I might ask you guys. The boat is in the Southern Illinois region, in case you wanna try to figure local value. Any opinions?

If it is in really good shape. In southern IL, I would say about $1300, pretty much the perfect size for that area.
Good time to sell it, March - April time frame.
Tim

I'd pay $1700 assuming it runs well....
I think you'd be safe to reduce NADA by 10% though (dunno what they figure is) and take they for it.

You might get more, have to try. New 4 cycle 25hp yamaha I saw listed for $3125 online
Some people love 2 cycle, lot of waterfowl hunters like them.
Tim

I personally have never ran the motor (bout the time he bought it I moved out of the area and we never could get together). For the past 2 years another uncle has been using it and though I know he has few mechanical skills I know he would take care of what needs to be done with it. I was thinking that if I can get up that way I would change the plugs, lower unit lube, and maybe the impeller on it and maybe hear it running just to see if I can see any problems. As little as it has been run it should be in great shape, he basically bought it and then his health kept him from using it much. I was thinking about telling her to price the boat and trailer at 2500 and not going lower than 2000 on it, but from what my other uncle says the 2500 might be a bit high. I really need to get my hands on it, but the weather is making that difficult right now.

Im assuming that is a 3 cyl correct? Id say the $1,200 mark is MUCH too low. A 2007 is pretty **** new still, and is a sought after, 2 stroke with good power and plenty of opps to mod. Id start around $2,500 for motor maybe more.

I know a late model 2stroke would do quite well here in the Northeast. Consider the 3 main factors for value...condition, condition, and condition. Don't be afraid to price it right up there. Let the buyer talk you down if it has to be.

I guarantee someone would pay $2,500 that knows about motors. Someone offering $1,200 just doesn't know the value.