Vintage Electric foot OP Troll motor Evinrude

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haytruman

Reaction score
I'm really not sure what i have here. It's in good shape for it's age, it power ups just fine. I'm looking to gid rid of it
I'm thinking this might be good for someone who's doing restoration. Any guess to the year of this motor?
My friend has upgraded to a higher powered trolling motor and offered me his old one. So i don't see the need to keep this one. Any ideas what it's worth, are they rare?

p.s. spider webs included

Thanks,
brand-newbie

80 15'Gregor-project.

Attachments

• troll.jpg
    troll.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 782
There should be a model or serial number on it somewhere. Get us that and we can tell you exactly what you have. It looks mid to late 70's. I have seen several of these over the years but that one looks to be in pretty good original condition. Most I saw go for $50-$200 bucks depending on condition.

They were made from 1974-99' I believe

Thanks for the info. I should probably give it try before I get rid of it. It might just work better than other one i'm looking at. I'll look for the model number and post it soon.

I'm gonna guess and say its an early 80's model. I've had two, a 12 volt on a 17 ft lowe and a 24 volt on a 20 ft cajun. Hands down they were the structurally the strongest and quietest trolling motors I've ever used. I prefer OMC over motorguide or minncota any day

Charger25 said:
I'm gonna guess and say its an early 80's model. I've had two, a 12 volt on a 17 ft lowe and a 24 volt on a 20 ft cajun. Hands down they were the structurally the strongest and quietest trolling motors I've ever used. I prefer OMC over motorguide or minncota any day

Sounds right. I had a late-80's OMC trolling motor that was similar. Motor was the same, but I think the arm was a little different.

The model number is EB82M.
I'm not sure how to tell if it's 12 or 24 volt. Any clues?

You have a 1980 and I am not sure how to tell if it is a 24 or 12V yet?

https://www.boats.net/parts/search/OMC/TrollingMotorParts/1980/EB82M/parts.html

A 24 volt will have 3 wires and 12 will have 2. Both will use the same style 3 prong plug. The 24 v I used had a beefy toggle switch on one the side to select 12 or 24

The motor is 12volt, i'd like to sell it if anyone is interested. $125
shipping might get interesting my zip 93940.

Latest posts