Want to fish Kentucky Lake?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too have been wanting to make a trip down there for some fishing. Financially I dont see it happening this year or next year. All my money is going to a wedding next year. After that, I'll be an empty nester. :mrgreen:

Spring it is then! What weekend works best for you? When does the spring spawn usually start?

I absolutley can't get off work till after April 15th. Other than that, I'm game!

I'd love to do something in the spring, or next fall. I had just been thinking about the need for another tinboats get-together like we had at Dale Hollow last fall.

I'm thinking this fall would be too short a notice for me, but planning now for the spring could probably work, and planning now for next fall would be fine for me.

Looks to be around 5.5 hours up to Gilbertville, which appears to be the farthest North section, so it would be within reasonable driving distance from here.

Let's make this thing happen guys! Spring or Fall Official Tinboats.net 2nd annual(ok, so we skipped a year maybe) Get Together! :beer:

I doubt i will be able to make it but this may not be a bad place to stay it seems to have everything
and barlley lake connects to Ky lake through the canal the fishing in barkley is also very good.
Eddy creek hols some nice fish in big numbers

https://www.eddycreek.com/map.htm

I spent several years renting a houseboat on Barkley out of Green Turtle Bay each spring. For those who don't know, you can fish both lakes without trailering the boat as mentioned by stratosjoe via the canal as well as take the houseboat over to KY Lake if you wanted. The house boat rentals (I think we had 12-14 people each trip) were considerably less just before Memorial Day (off season). Just a thought. Just tie off to the houseboat at night and fish whenever you want. Just steer clear of the barges out in the channel at night :shock: . Everyone certainly would get to know one another if you shacked up in the houseboat :D. If nothing else, it sure makes getting to and from the lake each day with the boat alot easier. They also have jon boats with 15hp (I think) to rent if you don't want to tow your own. Depending on how many people show up, they had a houseboat that was a monster that I'm sure would hold more people.

Air Temperature that time of year seems to be a crap shoot. One year it's blistering hot with no rain, and the next it's cold with a daily tsunami. Always did pretty good catching fish though. I've had most luck fishing the buck brush and ledges. Bandit crankbait in rootbeer, jig, and worm seems to get the job done for me.

I'd be listed as a "maybe".

Anybody venturing onto Barkley needs to get themselves a map and stick to the channel markers.

You can be in 60' of water one minute and 6" the next, right out in the middle of the lake. :shock: I would hate to see Tinboats on the local news as 14 guys being stranded on a beached houseboat in the middle of the lake. :lol: